Review My Pension (35 second read)
If you have a pension, have you had it reviewed recently to determine if it working as hard as it could for you?
Do you know what your pension is invested in? If it is invested in a lifestyle fund do you know what these are designed to do, and why they are no longer appropriate for many pension investors?
Do you know what assets are contained in the fund which your pension is invested in? How has the expected return from those assets changed since you started your pension? For example, did you know that bonds used to provide very good returns with (at least the perception of) relatively low risk? Do you know why bonds can be risky in a low interest rate environment or the effect that inflation can have on different asset classes?
Do you know how much the charges on your pension are, and how much those charges are going to reduce your income in retirement? Even though modern pensions typically have substantially lower charges than pensions from only a few years ago, are you aware that you keep paying the higher charges unless you switch product?
Do you know how much income your pension is going to provide you with in retirement? Did you know that the projections you receive are based on you purchasing an annuity when you retire and that they are therefore often misleading as very few pension savers avail of this option due to the current low level of annuity rates?
If you are going to have a comfortable retirement you need to ensure that you are maximising your pension. Many investment professionals believe that the returns from investing are going to be lower in the future than they were in the past so if you are going to grow your pension you need to take a hands-on approach.
Contact us today for a no obligation discussion.
If you would like to know more about us check us out in the media here.
Click here to authorise us to obtain details of your pension.
We’re open during Covid and can transact business remotely so if you would like to speak to us about your retirement planning contact us now for a free no obligation chat;
By telephone to 01 546 1100
Use the Contact Form on this page ⇒
Email to [email protected]
We understand that you are unlikely to entrust us with your financial affairs based on a visit to this website alone, and you may not wish to meet in person for some time due to the crisis. Here are some ways that you might be able to get comfort that we are the right adviser for you;
- Check us out in the media here.
- Have a look at our Google reviews here. While we sometimes ask our clients to leave a review we leave it to them entirely. Every review on the firms Google profile is from a real client, 100% genuine and unscripted.
- Check us out on the Brokers Ireland directory of Retail Intermediaries here
- Check us out on the Financial Planning Standards Board directory of Certified Financial Planners here
- Check us out on the Central Bank register of Retail Intermediaries here
- Check us out on LinkedIn here
- Tell us where you live and (subject to their agreement) we will refer you to an existing client in the area
- Book a 15 minute Zoom call with us here and we’ll tell you about the kind of work we do
If you’ve used the methods we recommend above and have decided that you want us to help you with your Retirement Planning;